Movie Review by Daniel Godin (DanielGodin.ORG) – Watched 5/20/19.
Inherent Vice, written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson is the story of a private investigator with a predaliction for drugs who is trying to find his missing ex-girlfriend in 1970 Los Angeles. This is a great movie, highly recommended.
- Entertainment – .5/1
- Sometimes this movie can be a bit slow and meandering, but overall I was intrigued and highly interested in what was going on.
- Story – 1/1
- Good story with some twists and turns. This one will throw you for a loop, a drug crazed loop. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
- Acting – 1/1
- Phoenix is masterful in this. Everyone was so good. The big long scene with Shasta was powerful and intense. Josh Brolin was excellent as Big Foot. WOW!
- Cinematography – 1/1
- One of my favorites I’ve seen. The framing was spot on and beautiful. Great leading lines and imagery with long cuts and masterful camera work.
- Directing & Editing – 1/1
- Yes, YES. This is how it’s done. A complicated set up done very well. Everything in this movie was just great.
Final Score – 4.5/5 (Highly Recommended)